Saturday, May 7, 2011

Welcome to my attempt at blogging...hopefully this will become an asset to not only my life, but to the lives of other military spouses.

Congratulations to Marine spouse Bianca Strzalkowski on being named the 2011 Military Spouse of the Year! Bianca will represent military spouses from all branches with a passion and determination few people have. She will give voice to the issues that are experienced by military spouses and make sure that those that need to hear them do. I look forward to standing behind her and supporting her on her endeavors to improve life for military spouses everywhere!

This doesn't mean that I plan to be a silent supporter. As the Coast Guard Military Spouse of the Year, I too am going to continue supporting our Coast Guard spouses in any way that I can. My first step is to begin blogging and sharing what I am doing (hopefully I will have things to blog about). If you, my fellow spouses have any ideas of topics you would like discussed or brought to the attention of those that can change things, please let me know, and if you have ideas on how to improve our lives as a whole I am eager to hear them.

The Commandant has named 2011 as the Year of the Family, and as such, this is our opportunity to bring family issues to the forefront. We can highlight the great things we experience along with the things that need changed...with the bad there is always a silver lining and something good if we look for it.




No comments:

Post a Comment