Monday, July 25, 2011

The lull between the PCS storms

The packers have come and gone, the house was cleaned and the checkout completed.

Now I sit and wait…I’m temporarily homeless, although I have a roof over my head (thanks to a fellow military spouse and friend). My only belongings are those I have in my suitcase as the rest sit in storage at our future destination.

I have two weeks of this quiet lull, two weeks to just be. Then it will be off to visit family before beginning our next leg…our two-week travel from west to east. We’ll be stopping often and enjoying the sites, visiting friends and fellow military families, seeing children and grandchildren and trying not to think of the chaos of what is the end of our PCS.

My next blog will be the adventures of traveling cross country…hopefully I’ll get a chance to get online and share our trip with those that read this blog, perhaps I’ll even have pictures to add…Las Vegas, the Grand Canyon, Six Flags Over Texas, New Orleans, the grandkids, WDW, and various other stops along the way. Some may even include good friends we have made over the years, as we stop and say “Hi” along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment